The Fox Valley Metropolitan Police Department (FVMPD) is not currently accepting applications. Fox Valley Metro Police Department serves the communities of Kimberly and Little Chute, WI (population 17,000).
- Must be a United States citizen at the time of application and at least 21 years of age.
- Must posses or be able to obtain a valid Class “D” Wisconsin driver’s license, and have a good driving record.
- Must be of good character and able to perform the essential functions of the Police Officer position.
- Possess at a minimum, an Associates Degree in a related field.
- Must not have any felony conviction(s) or any offense, which if committed in Wisconsin, would be punishable as a felony or any domestic abuse convictions.
- Applicants who are certified or eligible for certification by the Wisconsin Law Enforcement Standards Board are encouraged to apply.
Bilingual speaking personnel are encouraged to apply.
Salary and Benefits:
(2005 labor agreement)
First Year $35,688
Second Year $40,080
New hires with at least 12 months experience in a comparable department may be hired at the second year salary with a recommendation from the Chief of Police.
Accumulated paid sick leave
11 paid holidays
Health, dental life and disability insurance
Ongoing educational supplemental pay.
Officers currently work a 5/3 work schedule with permanent shifts.
We do not have a residency requirement.
The Fox Valley Metropolitan Police Department (FVMPD) is not currently accepting applications.
Fox Valley Metropolitan Hiring Process
New Police Officer
Hiring Process Steps
Step One – Completed application and associated materials are required to be returned to the police department.
Step Two- Police Panel Interview: this interaction interview is between the candidate and two Metro police personnel. This interview assesses the candidates ability to interact verbally with others. Questions on problem solving abilities, respect for diversity, community service, communications and adaptability will be asked.
Step Three – Written Test: A qualifying written test consists of four parts: mathematics, reading comprehension, grammar and report writing.
Step Four – Physical Abilities Testing and Personal Evaluation Profile testing: the Physical Abilities Test (PAT) consists of events designed to measure your strength, agility, endurance and balance. The PAT is a pass/fail qualifying test.
The Personal Evaluation Test (PET) is a paper and pencil psychological survey, administered to candidates as part of pre-employment evaluation procedures.
Step Five – A personal interview with the Chief of Police.
Step Six – A personal interview with the Fox Valley Metropolitan Police Commission
Appointment: To be certified for appointment the candidate must have successfully completed steps one through six in the process. The number one candidate will be given a conditional offer of employment. An extensive background check will be conducted. The candidate shall be required to take and pass a medical physical, pre-employment substance screening and psychological tests.